Jump to Main Content
- Speth, Benjamin, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Genome 2015 v.58 no.4 pp. 143-149
- chromosome mapping; chromosomes; female fertility; genes; genetic markers; linkage groups; meiosis; mutants; soybeans
- ... In soybean, asynaptic and desynaptic mutants lead to abnormal meiosis and fertility reduction. Several male-sterile, female-sterile mutants have been identified and studied in soybean, however, some of these mutants have not been mapped to locations on soybean chromosomes. The objectives of this study were to molecularly map five male-sterile, female-sterile genes (st2, st4, st5, st6, and st7) in ...
- Speth, Benjamin D., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Genome 2014 v.57 no.3 pp. 155-160
- chromosome mapping; chromosomes; genes; genetic distance; genetic markers; hybrids; linkage groups; male fertility; mutants; soybeans
- ... In soybean, an environmentally stable male sterility system is vital for making hybrid seed production commercially viable. Eleven male-sterile, female-fertile mutants (ms1, ms2, ms3, ms4, ms5, ms6, ms7, ms8, ms9, msMOS, and msp) have been identified in soybean. Of these, eight (ms2, ms3, ms5, ms7, ms8, ms9, msMOS, and msp) have been mapped to soybean chromosomes. The objectives of this study were ...