Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: sonia?
- Spormann, Sofia, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.241 pp. 226-234
- Hordeum vulgare; ascorbate peroxidase; barley; catalase; enzyme activity; glyphosate; hydrogen peroxide; lipid peroxidation; oxidative stress; phytotoxicity; pollution; proline; risk; salicylic acid; soil microorganisms; superoxide anion; superoxide dismutase; thiols; transferases
- ... Glyphosate (GLY) is considered the most used herbicide in the world and has been associated with several environmental contamination risks. Despite being partially degraded by soil microorganisms, its residues can negatively affect the growth of valuable non-target plants. Thus, there is a need to find new strategies that minimize its impacts and enhance crop tolerance to GLY, allowing a more adva ...
- Spormann, Sofia, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2019 v.247 pp. 256-265
- Solanum lycopersicum; antioxidant activity; ascorbate peroxidase; catalase; defense mechanisms; enzyme activity; glutathione; glyphosate; homeostasis; hydrogen peroxide; lipid peroxidation; metabolites; models; proline; roots; shoots; soil; soil pollution; superoxide anion; superoxide dismutase; tomatoes
- ... Using a realistic and environmental relevant approach, the present study aimed at understanding the biochemical and physiological basis of glyphosate (GLY)-induced stress in non-target plant species, using tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) as a model. For this purpose, plants were grown for 28 days under different concentrations of a commercial formulation of GLY (Roundup® UltraMax) - 0, 10, 20 and ...