Jump to Main Content
- Spyridopoulou, Katerina, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Antioxidants 2019 v.8 no.9
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Cornus mas; adenocarcinoma; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; cell viability; colon; colorectal neoplasms; free radicals; fruit juices; fruits; hepatoma; humans; mice; models; neoplasm cells; oral administration; protective effect; succinic acid; Asia; Greece
- ... Cornus mas L. (Cornelian cherry) is a flowering plant indigenous to Europe and parts of Asia, mostly studied for the antimicrobial activity of its juice. In this report, we investigated the composition and the in vitro antioxidant capacity of Cornus mas L. fruit juice from Greece, as well as its antiproliferative properties in vitro and in vivo. The fruits showed a high content of citric, malic, a ...
- PubMed Central:
- Spyridopoulou, Katerina, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.84 pp. 344-352
- Aspergillus niger; Citrus medica; Escherichia coli; Listeria monocytogenes; Pseudomonas fragi; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; Salmonella Enteritidis; Salmonella Typhimurium; Staphylococcus aureus; Staphylococcus epidermidis; antimicrobial properties; essential oils; food industry; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; human cell lines; limonene; melanoma; nitric oxide; oils; solid phase microextraction
- ... The aim of the study was to investigate the antimicrobial and antiproliferative activity of Citrus medica essential oil produced by hydrostillation and evaluate its commercial potential in the food industry. The main constituent of the C. medica peels and essential oil identified by SPME GC/MS or GC/MS analysis was limonene (≈88 and 64%, respectively). The antimicrobial properties were assayed and ...