Jump to Main Content
- Srisesharam, Srigopalram, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- 3 Biotech 2018 v.8 no.10 pp. 443
- Lactobacillus plantarum; Lolium multiflorum; antibacterial properties; bile salts; feed quality; fermentation; food pathogens; lactic acid; lactic acid bacteria; nutrient content; pH; probiotics; silage
- ... The objective of this study was to isolate the lactic acid bacteria from fermented silage sample and analyze their antibacterial activities, probiotic properties, and fermentation potential in silage. Eleven lactic acid bacteria (LAB) were selected based on distinct morphologies and preliminary studies. Cell-free supernatant (CFS) was then prepared from the selected strains for antibacterial analy ...
- Srisesharam, Srigopalram, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- 3 Biotech 2017 v.7 no.5 pp. 321
- DNA; Lactobacillus plantarum; Lolium multiflorum; acetic acid; butyric acid; digestibility; fermentation; forage; grasses; haylage; lactic acid; microbial growth; nutrient content; pH; polymerase chain reaction
- ... The present study aimed to investigate the efficacy of customised Lactobacillus plantarum KCC-10, KCC-19 and K-46 on nutrient composition and fermentation quality of low moisture Italian ryegrass (IRG) forage. An addition of customised bacterial inoculants (CBI) did not affect the nutrient compositions and digestibility rates of haylage. The lactic acid content was higher in CBI-inoculated haylage ...