Jump to Main Content
- Stackhouse, L. L., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- cattle; Tritrichomonas foetus; fetus; placenta; histopathology
- ... Laboratory records and histologic material from 13 cases of naturally occurring, early- to late-term bovine abortion clue to Tritrichomonas foetus were examined. Placentitis was present in all placentas. Pyogranulomatous bronchopneumonia was in six of the 11 lungs which were examined. Trichomonad organisms were demonstrated within the placental stroma in all cases and free or phagocytized in pulmo ...
- Stackhouse, L. L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Adenoviridae; Arabian (horse breed); animal pathology; atrophy; fever; foals; inclusion bodies; neutropenia; pancreas; pneumonia; respiratory mucosa; salivary glands; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); suckling; viral diseases of animals and humans; Colorado; Kansas; Nebraska; Wyoming
- ... A fatal adenoviral infection was recently recognized in suckling Arabian foals from Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, and Wyoming. Affected foals had clinical signs of pneumonia accompanied by fever, absolute lymphopenia, and neutropenia. Characteristic lesions with typical adenoviral inclusions occurred in respiratory epithelium of all cases. Other tissues with significant changes and inclusion bodies ...