Jump to Main Content
- Stafforst, Thorsten, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Current opinion in biotechnology 2019 v.55 pp. 74-80
- DNA; RNA; RNA editing; engineering; gene editing; therapeutics
- ... The game-changing role of CRISPR/Cas for genome editing draw interest to programmable RNA-guided tools in general. Currently, we see a wave of papers pioneering the CRISPR/Cas system for RNA targeting, and applying them for site-directed RNA editing. Here, we exemplarily compare three recent RNA editing strategies that rely on three distinct RNA targeting mechanisms. We conclude that the CRISPR/Ca ...
- Stafforst, Thorsten, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2015 v.137 no.50 pp. 15875-15881
- Annelida; DNA; RNA; RNA editing; cell culture; engineering; genetic engineering; mammals; protein isoforms
- ... Site-directed RNA editing allows for the manipulation of RNA and protein function by reprogramming genetic information at the RNA level. For this we assemble artificial RNA-guided editases and demonstrate their transcript repair activity in cells and in developing embryos of the annelid Platynereis dumerilii. A hallmark of our assembly strategy is the covalent attachment of guideRNA and editing en ...
- PubMed Central: