Jump to Main Content
- Stanker, L. H., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Austin Immunology 2016 v.1 no.2 pp. 1007
- Shiga toxin; agar; culture media; detection limit; diagnostic sensitivity; digestive system diseases; enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; fresh produce; humans; reproducibility; virulence
- ... Shiga Toxin (Stx) is one of the major virulence factors produced by Shiga Toxin-producing E. coli (STEC) that cause severe human intestinal diseases. Although a few commercial assays for Stxs are available, they only detect a subset of Stxs. In this study, two new immunoassays, Abraxis Stx1 and Stx2, were evaluated and compared with the widely used Premier EHEC kit using the same set of standards ...
- Stanker, L. H., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of Applied Microbiology 2014 v.116 no.6 pp. 1543-1552
- Methylobacterium; Pantoea; Pseudomonas; RNA libraries; Salmonella enterica; Sphingomonas; almonds; bacteria; bacterial colonization; bacterial contamination; developmental stages; embryogenesis; food contamination; fruiting; harvesting; phyllosphere; population dynamics; population structure; ribosomal RNA; species diversity; stone fruits
- ... Aims: To describe the bacterial populations and their dynamics during the development of almond drupes. Methods and Results: We examined 16S rRNA gene libraries derived from the bacterial populations on almond drupes at three stages of development: (i) when the drupes were full sized, but before embryo development, (ii) when the drupe hulls first began to split and (iii) when the drupes were fully ...