Jump to Main Content
- Staton, Jennifer A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.99 pp. 519-524
- air; ambient temperature; cooling; drainage; frying; frying oil; heat; hysteresis; mass transfer; oxygen; steam; surface tension; surfactants; viscosity; wettability
- ... Frying oil degrades via exposure to heat, oxygen and water resulting in the formation of volatile and non-volatile products, which act as surface active substances and change heat and mass transfer rates. Effects of oil degradation during frying were quantified by measuring viscosity, surface tension, and static and dynamic contact angles of fresh oil (Total polar materials, TPM 3–4%) and used oil ...
- Staton, Jennifer A., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Langmuir 2018 v.34 no.34 pp. 9961-9973
- adsorption; convection; emulsifying; foams; lipid content; liquid-air interface; microbubbles; phosphatidylcholines; physiological transport; solubility; spray drying; surface tension; surfactants; therapeutics
- ... This study focused on mechanisms of adsorption for dilauroyl phosphatidylcholine (DLPC) from a dispersion of large, unilamellar vesicles (LUVs) onto a clean air–water interface. The adsorption kinetics were tracked using dynamic surface tension measurements for 0.01–10 mM concentrations of DLPC, contained within monodisperse LUVs with mean diameters between 100 and 300 nm. Any lipid in excess of t ...