Jump to Main Content
- Stefani, P.M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2015 v.45 pp. 247-255
- crosslinking; food packaging; functional properties; glycerol; hydrocolloids; oxygen; packaging materials; permeability; protein concentrates; protein secondary structure; relative humidity; soy protein; storage conditions; water vapor
- ... Aging of soybean protein concentrate (SPC) films plasticized by glycerol obtained by casting and stored at 25 ± 2 °C and 65 ± 2% relative humidity was systematically investigated over a period of 90 days. Aging promoted the reorganization of the secondary structure of protein fraction in SPC into others with prevalence of extended β-sheet conformation. Stabilizing interactions also progressed to i ...
- Stefani, P.M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2011 v.105 no.1 pp. 65-72
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; cattle; contact angle; functional properties; gelatin; glycerol; mixing; molding (processing); pH; packaging materials; soy protein isolate; tensile strength
- ... Soy protein isolate (SPI) based films, blended with gelatin and plasticized with glycerol at pH 10, were prepared by compression molding with the aim to obtain environmentally friendly materials for packaging applications. Different contents and types of gelatin were incorporated into SPI-based mixtures to improve mechanical properties. All films obtained were flexible and transparent. Films with ...
- Stefani, P.M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2008 v.99 no.13 pp. 5977-5980
- Eucalyptus globulus; Mimosa; adhesives; gelation; industrial applications; petrochemicals; phenol; plywood; shear strength; tannins; wood strength
- ... Phenol-formaldehyde resol containing mimosa tannin extract was employed to produce plywood panels with two plies from Eucalyptus globulus veneers. The effect of processing conditions and tannin content on the gelation time of the adhesive in the glue line was evaluated by dynamic-mechanical analysis (DMA). These results were related with shear strength and wood failure of glue line in the final pa ...