Jump to Main Content
- Stephen Timple, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Seed science research 2016 v.26 no.4 pp. 306-316
- Oryza sativa; aluminum foil; cultivars; desorption; equations; hysteresis; longevity; models; normal distribution; relative humidity; rice; seed longevity; seed storage; seeds; sorption isotherms; standard deviation; viability; water content
- ... In each of two experiments, freshly harvested seeds of two cultivars of rice were dried and then rehydrated to different moisture levels. In experiment 1, seed equilibrium relative humidity (eRH) and moisture content (MC) were determined at each moisture level so that moisture desorption and adsorption isotherms could be constructed. Seed storage experiments were also carried out for seeds equilib ...
- Stephen Timple, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Seed science research 2015 v.25 no.3 pp. 321-334
- chlorophyll; correlation; flowering; fluorescence; gene banks; germplasm; harvest date; longevity; rice; seeds; viability
- ... Chlorophyll fluorescence (CF) analysis was explored as a potential tool to identify the optimal time to harvest rice seed germplasm for maximum storage longevity. Seeds of 20 diverse genebank accessions were harvested at 24, 31, 38 and 45 d after peak flowering (DAF) and half of each seed lot was sorted by hand, following normal practice at the T.T. Chang Genetic Resources Center. CF analysis was ...