Jump to Main Content
- Sternhagen, Garrett L., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2018 v.140 no.11 pp. 4100-4109
- N-substituted glycines; composite polymers; hydrodynamics; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; micelles; models; neutron diffraction; pH
- ... A series of amphiphilic ionic peptoid block copolymers where the total number (1 or 3) and position of ionic monomers along the polymer chain are precisely controlled have been synthesized by the submonomer method. Upon dissolution in water at pH = 9, the amphiphilic peptoids self-assemble into small spherical micelles having hydrodynamic radius in ∼5–10 nm range and critical micellar concentratio ...
- Sternhagen, Garrett L., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2016 v.120 no.37 pp. 9978-9986
- aqueous solutions; cations; molecular dynamics; pH; polyamides; polymerization; temperature
- ... Poly(N-methylglycine) (NMGₙ) and poly(N-ethylglycine) (NEGₙ) obtained by polymerization reactions initiated by benzylamine have no carboxy termini, such as those in normal polyamides, but have only amino termini, which exist primarily as cations in aqueous media at a pH value of ca. 9.5, observed in aqueous solutions without any buffer reagents. Therefore, polypeptoids, such as NMGₙ and NEGₙ, poss ...