Jump to Main Content
- Stevenson, Anne G., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of equine veterinary science 2019 v.74 pp. 51-55
- adults; ambient temperature; biosecurity; confidence interval; disease outbreaks; fever; geldings; horse breeds; infectious diseases; mares; protocols; technicians; thermometers
- ... Previously published equine temperature ranges often fail to state the population of animals or the method of temperature measurement used to establish the range. An inappropriate reference range can negatively affect the interpretation of measurements, resulting in animals being misdiagnosed. A yard-specific equine rectal temperature reference range was therefore calculated. A total of 652 rectal ...
- Stevenson, Anne, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of equine veterinary science 2015 v.35 no.6 pp. 510-517
- body condition; demographic statistics; diet-related diseases; horsemanship; horses; nutrition knowledge; nutritional intervention; online courses; surveys; weighing devices
- ... An online survey was designed to ascertain the following information: demographics, current feeding practices, and perceptions and knowledge of equine nutrition, including nutrition-related disorders. Response rate was 34% (6,538 respondents). More than 80% of respondents were horse owners or caretakers, with the majority owning between one and five horses (75%) aged 5 years and older (74%). Most ...