Jump to Main Content
- Stevenson, Timothy J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental microbiology 2017 v.19 no.4 pp. 1518-1535
- Urocitellus parryii; body composition; community structure; energy; finishing; food intake; intestinal microorganisms; microbial communities; short chain fatty acids; squirrels; transcriptome
- ... We examined the effect of diet on pre‐hibernation fattening and the gut microbiota of captive arctic ground squirrels (Urocitellus parryii). We measured body composition across time and gut microbiota density, diversity and function prior to and after five‐weeks on control, high‐fat, low‐fat (18%, 40% and 10% energy from fat, respectively), or restricted calorie (50% of control) diets. Squirrels f ...
- Stevenson, Timothy J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2016 v.35 no.2 pp. 485-493
- tomatoes; ribosomal RNA; microbial communities; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; models; clopyralid; crop yield; agrochemicals; delta soils; genes; latitude; potatoes; summer; tandem mass spectrometry; Alaska
- ... High‐latitude regions experience unique conditions that affect the degradation rate of agrochemicals in the environment. In the present study, data collected from 2 field sites in Alaska, USA (Palmer and Delta) were used to generate a kinetic model for aminopyralid and clopyralid degradation and to describe the microbial community response to herbicide exposure. Field plots were sprayed with herbi ...