Jump to Main Content
- Sugimoto, Makoto, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2017 v.123 no.4 pp. 437-443
- Escherichia coli; NAD (coenzyme); NADH dehydrogenase; acetic acid; biochemical pathways; fermentation; gene deletion; glucose; microbial physiology; mutants; pyruvate dehydrogenase (lipoamide); pyruvic acid; transcription factors
- ... Pyruvate dehydrogenase complex regulator (PdhR) is a transcriptional regulator that negatively regulates formation of pyruvate dehydrogenase complex (PDHc), NADH dehydrogenase (NDH)-2, and cytochrome bo3 oxidase in Escherichia coli. To investigate the effects of a PdhR defect on glucose metabolism, a pdhR deletion mutant was derived from the wild-type E. coli W1485 strain by λ Red-mediated recombi ...
- Sugimoto, Makoto, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Zygote 2014 v.22 no.2 pp. 266-274
- Xenopus; embryogenesis; oocytes; proteins
- ... The POU family subclass V (POU-V) proteins have important roles in maintaining cells in an undifferentiated state. In Xenopus, expression of the POU-V protein Oct60 was detected in oocytes and was found to decrease in blastula- to gastrula-stage embryos. In addition, Oct60 overexpression inhibits some signals in early embryogenesis, including Activin/Nodal, BMP, and Wnt signalling. In this report, ...