Jump to Main Content
- Sui, J.X., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Photosynthetica 2018 v.56 no.2 pp. 623-632
- Plectranthus scutellarioides; antioxidants; chlorophyll; fumigation; kinetin; ozone; photoinhibition; plasma membrane; pollution; protective effect; spermidine; spraying
- ... Ground concentration of ozone (O₃) causes serious threat to plants. In order to protect sensitive plants from O₃ pollution, many kinds of antioxidants were assessed in previous studies. In this study, effects of O₃ fumigation (a single spike of 120 ± 20 nmol mol–1 for four hours) on an ornamental species (Coleus blumei) was examined in open-top chambers. Before the O₃ treatment, plants were spraye ...
- Sui, J.X., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2018 v.100 no.6 pp. 849-855
- Pelargonium hortorum; Phaseolus vulgaris; Plectranthus; Tagetes patula; air; chlorophyll; essential oil crops; fumigation; green beans; leaves; malondialdehyde; ozone; photosynthesis; plasma membrane; pollutants; pollution; protective effect; superoxide anion
- ... Ozone (O₃) is one of the major pollutants in near-surface air. In order to protect sensitive plants from O₃ pollution, many kinds of protectants including synthetic ones, were assessed in previous studies. Although they have certain protective effects, some of them are not environment-friendly. In the present study, leaf water extracts of aromatic plants [Plectranthus hadiensis var. tomentosus (PH ...