Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Zhongguan, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Annals of microbiology 2019 v.69 no.7 pp. 713-726
- alcohols; amino acid metabolism; amino nitrogen; beers; brewing; cell viability; developmental stages; fermentation; flavor; gene expression regulation; genes; inoculum density; transcriptomics; wheat; yeasts
- ... PURPOSE: The level of higher alcohols on top-fermentation determines the flavor profile and is one of the most important elements dictating the favorable top-fermented wheat beer (Ale beer) development. The optimization of the pitching rate has been shown to be crucial for industrial beer brewing. This study focused on understanding the effect of the variable inoculum size on the synthesis of high ...
- Sun, Zhongguan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2015 v.80 pp. 350-357
- Hovenia dulcis; absorption; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ethanol; functional foods; gas chromatography; in vitro studies; pharmaceutical industry; polysaccharides; response surface methodology; temperature; ultrasonics
- ... An ultrasonic-assisted extraction of polysaccharides from the ripe peduncles of Hovenia dulcis (HDPs) was investigated. Response surface methodology along with a Box–Behnken design based on single-factor experiments was employed to optimize and model the extraction conditions of HDPs, namely extraction temperature (40–60°C), ultrasonic power (320–480W) and extraction time (35–65min). The optimized ...