Jump to Main Content
- Suslov, M.A.
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2020 v.151 pp. 516-525
- Zea mays; aquaporins; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide enrichment; corn; diffusivity; growth chambers; magnetic fields; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; permeability; plant root cells; roots
- ... In this study, the effect of atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration increase on the dynamics of radial intercellular water transfer in the root suction zone of intact maize plants was evaluated. To this end, a unique growth chamber, associated with ¹H NMR PGMF (proton nuclear magnetic resonance with a pulsed gradient of the magnetic field) equipment, was used. As the atmospheric CO₂ concentratio ...
- Suslov, M.A., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.162 pp. 239-246
- Zea mays; apoplast; cell walls; corn; dissolved oxygen; mathematical models; mercuric chloride; roots; water potential; xylem
- ... The effect of elevated external pressure on the acceleration of elongation growth in maize root segments was studied. The growth rate of segments increases approximately by 2–2.5 times with the increase in the external pressure of up to 0.5–1 MPa. The dependence of segments’ elongation with the external pressure magnitude is shown for 0.25–2 MPa. Pre-treatment of root segments with a mercury chlor ...