Jump to Main Content
- Swain, Alaka, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Euphytica 2019 v.215 no.2 pp. 17
- 3' untranslated regions; 5' untranslated regions; Oryza sativa; alleles; biotic stress; breeding programs; crops; cultivars; genetic markers; genomics; genotype; germplasm; introgression; introns; loci; microsatellite repeats; oligodeoxyribonucleotides; plant breeding; rice; surveys; wild relatives
- ... Developing host resistance is an effective measure to minimize the yield losses caused by biotic stresses in crop plants. Generation of genomic resources greatly facilitates the development of resistant plants. Microsatellite markers speed up the selection procedure and introgression of resistant alleles in rice breeding programme. Candidate gene based SSR (cgSSR) markers are preferred over genomi ...
- Swain, Alaka, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- 3 Biotech 2018 v.8 no.5 pp. 239
- DNA; computers; digital database; electronic chips; health hazards; human health; information storage; mutation; pollution; silicon
- ... The total digital information today amounts to 3.52 × 10²² bits globally, and at its consistent exponential rate of growth is expected to reach 3 × 10²⁴ bits by 2040. Data storage density of silicon chips is limited, and magnetic tapes used to maintain large-scale permanent archives begin to deteriorate within 20 years. Since silicon has limited data storage ability and serious limitations, such a ...