Jump to Main Content
- Swarnalatha, Venkatanarasimhan, et al. Show all 2 Author
- RSC advances 2017 v.7 no.55 pp. 34866-34874
- absorption; aquatic environment; biodegradability; cellulose; economic sustainability; fabrics; filtration; hydrophobicity; oils; solvents; sorbents
- ... Development of efficient materials for the separation of oils/organic solvents from water is of prime ecological importance as their negative impact on the aquatic environment is huge. In the present work, for the first time we report the utilization of biodegradable cellulose kitchen wipe sponge as a base material for the oil sorption and cellulose fabric as a filter for the filtration of oil, af ...
- Swarnalatha, Venkatanarasimhan, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of Molecular Catalysis. B, Enzymatic 2013 v.96 pp. 6-13
- alpha-amylase; catalytic activity; enzyme activity; enzyme stability; glutaraldehyde; gum arabic; hydrolysis; immobilized enzymes; industry; magnetite; nanoparticles; pH; starch; temperature; thermal stability
- ... In this work, α-amylase is immobilized, using glutaraldehyde, onto magnetite nanoparticles prepared using gum acacia as the steric stabilizer (GA-MN), for the first time. The immobilization of amylase to GA-MN is very fast and the synthesis of GA-MN is very simple. The use of GA enables higher immobilization of α-amylase (60%), in contrast to the unmodified magnetite nanoparticles (∼20%). The opti ...