Jump to Main Content
- Sycheva, Ekaterina, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Forests 2018 v.9 no.7
- Fagus sylvatica subsp. sylvatica; Quercus; branches; case studies; forests; harvesters; harvesting; inventories; mechanization; trees; wood density; Germany
- ... The use of fully-mechanized operations, normally targeted at coniferous species, has also been on the rise in mixed-species and continuous-cover forests comprised of a strong share of deciduous species. With special form characteristics (complex crowns, large-diameter branches, forks and sweeps, high wood density, etc.), deciduous trees can lead to wide-ranging harvesting productivities, often div ...
- Sycheva, Ekaterina, et al. Show all 19 Authors
- European journal of forest research 2019 v.138 no.1 pp. 165-185
- carbon sequestration; cost effectiveness; forest growth; forest inventory; forest stands; forests; global change; long term effects; long term experiments; mixing; models; provenance; stand density; stand structure; trees
- ... In this review, the unique features and facts of long-term experiments are presented. Long-term experimental plots provide information of forest stand dynamics which cannot be derived from forest inventories or small temporary plots. Most comprise unthinned plots which represent the site specific maximum stand density as an unambiguous reference. By measuring the remaining as well as the removed s ...