Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: sykes?
- Symes, W.S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.649 pp. 1293-1298
- agricultural land; biodiversity; costs and returns; databases; decision making; economic valuation; ecosystem services; ecosystems; geographical distribution; geostatistics; gross domestic product; humans; issues and policy; meta-analysis; socioeconomics; Brazil; India
- ... Despite a growing demand to integrate ecosystem services into sustainability decision-making, our understanding of the global distribution of the economic value of ES is scarce. We extracted information from provisioning and cultural ecosystem services (PCES) from The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity (TEEB) database using a meta-analytical approach. We then employed geostatistical methods ...
- Symes, W.S., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Conservation biology 2016 v.30 no.5 pp. 962-971
- agricultural land; certification; deforestation; economic valuation; ecosystem services; environmental law; food security; forest ecosystems; forests; indigenous species; issues and policy; land use; markets; planning; politics; poverty; species diversity; stakeholders; timber production; South East Asia
- ... Southeast Asia possesses the highest rates of tropical deforestation globally and exceptional levels of species richness and endemism. Many countries in the region are also recognized for their food insecurity and poverty, making the reconciliation of agricultural production and forest conservation a particular priority. This reconciliation requires recognition of the trade‐offs between competing ...