Jump to Main Content
- Szalo, I.M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Poultry science 2011 v.90 no.1 pp. 59-67
- broiler chickens; poultry diseases; Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Typhimurium; salmonellosis; disease models; chicks; males; animal age; optimization; infection; pathogenesis; maternal immunity; inoculum; dosage; oral administration; immune response; mucosal immunity; gastrointestinal system; bacterial colonization; animal growth
- ... In this study, Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium challenge models were tested to identify the best conditions under which to perform the experimental infection of 3-wk-old broilers. Such a model would be useful to study the efficiency of therapeutic treatments that could take place at the end of the grow-out period. Salmonella-free chicks were obtained from a breeder flock vaccinated with SA ...
- Szalo, I.M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Veterinary journal 2007 v.173 no.3 pp. 652-657
- fractionation; inoculum; rabbits; rabbit diseases; digestive system diseases; sucrose; etiology; in vivo studies; bacterial infections
- ... Epizootic rabbit enteropathy (ERE) is a major cause of economic loss in intensive rabbit production. Since its first recognition in 1997, much work has been done to determine the pathogenic mechanisms of the disease and to identify the aetiological agent(s). Unfortunately, the quest for aetiology has only met with limited success despite the ability to reproduce the syndrome by inoculation of inte ...