Jump to Main Content
- Tacker, P. L., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Irrigation science 2007 v.25 no.2 pp. 141-147
- crop production; irrigation water; paddies; production technology; rice; Arkansas; Mississippi
- ... Rice irrigation-water use was estimated in Mississippi (MS) and Arkansas (AR) in 2003 and 2004. Irrigation inputs were compared on naturally sloping (i.e. contour-levee system) and mechanically graded fields. In MS, rice production consumed, on average, 895 mm water, but irrigation inputs were greatly affected by production system. Contour-levee systems accounted for 35% of the production area and ...
- Tacker, P., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied engineering in agriculture 1990 v.6 no.3 pp. 289-295
- agricultural engineering; algorithms; atmospheric precipitation; corn; cotton; furrows; grain sorghum; irrigation scheduling; irrigation systems; quantitative analysis; soil water; soybeans; temperature; Arkansas
- ... This article presents the development and field validation of the University of Arkansas Irrigation Scheduler, a microcomputer based program designed to assist in scheduling irrigations in the humid Mid-South. The program has separate subroutines for stationary and towable center pivot systems, and surface (furrow and flood) irrigation systems. The program is designed to schedule irrigations for a ...