Jump to Main Content
- Tagliacarne, Catia, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Food and environmental virology 2019 v.11 no.4 pp. 393-399
- Enterovirus; animal pathogens; environmental monitoring; epidemiology; hepatitis A; humans; men; phylogeny; sewage; wastewater treatment; Italy
- ... Enteroviruses (EVs) and Hepatitis A Viruses (HAVs) are human pathogens with a wide spectrum of clinical manifestations. The monitoring of sewage samples enables to monitor the EVs and HAVs in circulation among the general population and recognize possible outbreaks. This study focused on the molecular characterization and phylogenetic analysis of the EVs and HAVs identified in 33 sewage samples co ...
- Tagliacarne, Catia, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Infection, genetics, and evolution 2014 v.25 pp. 138-143
- temporal variation; Orthohepevirus A; hepatitis; ancestry; genotype; phylogeography; databases; developed countries; swine; Asia; Europe
- ... Hepatitis E virus is classified into four genotypes that have different geographical and host distributions. The main cause of sporadic autochthonous type E acute hepatitis in developed countries is genotype 3, which has a worldwide distribution and widely infects pigs. The aim of this study was to make hypotheses concerning the origin and global dispersion routes of this genotype by reconstructin ...