Jump to Main Content
- Tahir, Mohammad, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Canadian journal of plant science 2011 v.91 no.5 pp. 825-835
- cultivars; testa; amylose; glucose; sucrose; raffinose; stachyose; human health; flour; genotype; color; Lens culinaris; lentils
- ... Development of lentil cultivars with increased seed amylose, protein and reduced concentration of anti-nutritional constituents are desired from the perspectives of lentil utilization and human health. In selected lentil genotypes, we studied seed weight, seed coat weight and color, seed composition and the association between major quality traits. Significant (P ≤ 0.05) variation existed for all ...
- Tahir, Mohammad A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Molecular biology reports 2009 v.36 no.7 pp. 1671-1675
- DNA; X chromosome; alleles; chloroform; females; kinship; loci; males; microsatellite repeats; mutation; paternity; phenol; polymerase chain reaction; Pakistan
- ... The X-STRs are important tools in forensic application, particularly in complex cases of kinship testing. In deficiency paternity testing when alleged father cannot be typed, investigation of X-STR markers yields the desired information. Blood samples were collected from unrelated individual (118 females and 94 males) and 84 trios families (father, mother and daughter). DNA extraction from whole b ...