Jump to Main Content
- Takaya, Tomohide, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2019 v.91 pp. 115-122
- Toll-like receptor 4; broiler chickens; chicks; gene expression; genes; industry; inflammation; innate immunity; interleukins; ligands; lipopolysaccharides; meat production; muscle development; myoblasts; sensory receptors; skeletal muscle
- ... Toll-like receptors (TLRs) are a group of sensory receptors which are capable of recognizing a microbial invasion and activating innate immune system responses, including inflammatory responses, in both immune and non-immune cells. However, TLR functions in chick myoblasts, which are myogenic precursor cells contributing to skeletal muscle development and growth, have not been studied. Here, we re ...
- Takaya, Tomohide, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2018 v.646 pp. 98-106
- adipocytes; adipokines; adipose tissue; anti-inflammatory activity; binding proteins; blood glucose; corticosterone; dexamethasone; diet; gene expression; glucocorticoid receptors; hyperglycemia; inflammation; insulin resistance; interleukin-6; messenger RNA; mice; secretion; theophylline; transcription (genetics)
- ... Adipose tissues in obese individuals are characterized by a state of chronic low-grade inflammation. Pre-adipocytes and adipocytes in this state secrete pro-inflammatory adipokines, such as interleukin 6 (IL-6), which induce insulin resistance and hyperglycemia. Theophylline (1,3-dimethylxanthine) exerts anti-inflammatory effects, but its effects on pro-inflammatory adipokine secretion by pre-adip ...