Jump to Main Content
- Taneyo Saa, Danielle L., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2016 v.27 pp. 549-569
- animal proteins; antioxidants; biotechnology; dietary protein; dietary supplements; drugs; enzymes; fermentation; food matrix; functional foods; health promotion; peptides; vegetables
- ... Currently, the interest for health-promoting functional foods, dietary supplements and pharmaceutical preparations containing bioactive peptides deriving from food proteins, is increasing. Despite the large literature concerning peptides derived from animal proteins, only recently the scientific community investigated the possibility to obtain bioactive peptides from vegetable sources, also discov ...
- Taneyo Saa, Danielle L., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Nutrients 2017 v.9 no.3
- Duroc; Large White; anemia; bioavailability; breads; divalent metals; erythrocytes; ferritin; ferrous sulfate; fortified foods; gene expression; growth performance; heart; hematocrit; hemoglobin; hepcidin; hybrids; intestinal mucosa; iron; landraces; liver; metabolome; microencapsulation; models; piglets
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of oral iron supplementation, in the form of fortified breads, on the growth performance, health, iron status parameters, and fecal metabolome of anemic piglets. A study was conducted on 24 hybrid (Large White × Landrace × Duroc) piglets. From day 44, the post-natal 12 piglets were supplemented with 100 g of one of two experimental breads, eac ...