Jump to Main Content
- Tanks, Jonathon D., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Polymer degradation and stability 2018 v.157 pp. 153-159
- alcohols; crosslinking; epoxides; models; polymers; protonation; resins; sulfuric acid; temperature
- ... In this paper, we investigate the case of bisphenol-type epoxy crosslinked with poly(ether)amine, immersed in sulfuric acid at elevated temperature. The results show that very high equilibrium mass-change (up to 40%) is observed, and that amine protonation is largely responsible for this behavior. When the acid solution concentration is 5mass% or higher, alcohol dehydration and aromatic ether clea ...
- Tanks, Jonathon D., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Carbon 2019 v.142 pp. 261-268
- boron nitride; coatings; crystals; dispersions; forces; graphene; isopropyl alcohol; liquids; molybdenum disulfide; nanocomposites; nanosheets; solvents; sonication; toxicity
- ... The method for mass production of nanosheets is essential for fully realizing their commercial use. Direct exfoliation of layered materials in liquid is the simplest and low-cost technique for exfoliation without introducing defects in basal plane. However, the technique requires toxic and high-boiling point solvents, which makes it difficult for further processing. In addition, solvent exchange i ...