Jump to Main Content
- Tao, Bingbing, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Citrus junos; binding capacity; cation exchange capacity; dietary fiber; fiber content; grinding; metal ions; oils; particle size; particle size distribution; pomace; powders; surface area; swelling (materials); water holding capacity
- ... The aim of this work was to study the effect of micronization (mechanical and jet grindings) on the physicochemical properties of the insoluble dietary fiber from citrus pomace in comparison with ordinary grinding. The results showed that micronization treatment effectively pulverized the IDF-CP powders to micron scale and significantly increased the soluble dietary fiber content (p < 0.05). Compa ...
- Tao, Bingbing, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2014 v.62 no.29 pp. 7166-7173
- Citrus junos; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; crude protein; dietary fiber; grinding; hesperidin; phenolic compounds; pomace; powders; proximate composition; sugars
- ... The effects of mechanical and jet grindings on the proximate composition, phenolics, and antioxidant capacity of insoluble antioxidant dietary fiber powder from citrus pomace (IADFP-CP) were investigated in comparison with ordinary grinding. IADFP-CP from jet grinding showed higher levels of crude fat, total sugar, and free phenolics and lower levels of crude protein and bound phenolics than that ...