Jump to Main Content
- Tematio, Paul, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Catena 2019 v.175 pp. 251-262
- altitude; aluminum; anthropogenic activities; carbon sinks; clay fraction; climate; gravel; iron; soil organic carbon; vegetation; Cameroon
- ... The study was designed to investigate the influence of elevation gradient on soil properties and soil organic carbon (SOC) in the Bambouto Mountain in Western Cameroon and the subsequent consequences of human activities on these SOC contents. Five sites, Bawa, Zavion, Totap, Camp Bororo and Meletan, were selected between 1400 m and 2740 m altitude to conduct the study. Three sampling points per si ...
- Tematio, Paul, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Catena 2016 v.140 pp. 15-23
- altitude; aluminum oxide; bauxite; developing countries; geochemistry; geographic information systems; geostatistics; kriging; landscapes; mineral resources; models; plateaus; radar; soil types; spatial data; topographic slope; Cameroon
- ... Estimation of the mineral resources potential is an important issue for most of developing countries. The spatial distribution of bauxites and lateritic land surfaces on the Bamiléké plateau (West Cameroon) has been investigated with a Boolean modeling process into a GIS environment on the basis of geological constraints such as elevation, rock and soil types, and landscape morphology. Field obser ...