Jump to Main Content
- Terzolo, Horacio R., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2005 v.71 no.6 pp. 3373-3375
- propolis; Enterococcus avium; lactic acid bacteria; probiotics; bacteriocins; antibacterial properties; Listeria monocytogenes; food pathogens
- ... Enterococcus avium isolated from Apis mellifera beebread produces a thermoresistant bacteriocin with a strain-dependent inhibitory effect on Listeria and without effect on gram-negative bacteria. The bacteriocin appeared to be a polypeptide of about 6 kDa. Genetic analyses revealed no extrachromosomal material in E. avium. ...
- PubMed Central:
- Terzolo, Horacio R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Avian diseases 2009 v.53 no.3 pp. 462–465
- Pasteurella gallinarum; animal pathogenic bacteria; serotypes; strain differences; antiserum; genetic variation; inactivated vaccines; cross immunity; Peru
- ... This study appears to represent the first serotyping study of 24 isolates of Avibacterium paragallinarum obtained from different regions of Peru during 1998–2008. All isolates were characterized as β-nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide dependent. According to the Page scheme, modified by Blackall, it was found that eight isolates were classified as serogroup A, seven isolates as serogroup B, and fiv ...