Jump to Main Content
- Tewfick, M.K., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- African entomology 2019 v.27 no.1 pp. 228-237
- Culex pipiens; autogeny; coasts; eggs; females; genetic markers; genetic variation; inheritance (genetics); males; microsatellite repeats; Egypt
- ... The heredity of autogeny in Culex pipiens from northern coast, Alexandria, Egypt, was investigated. Parental females laid more autogenous egg rafts than F1, F3, and F4 females. No significant difference was found in the autogeny rate when F3 female mosquitoes from an autogenous colony mated with males either from an autogenous or anautogenous colony. Similarly, when F3 males from an autogenous col ...
- Tewfick, M.K.
- African entomology 2017 v.25 no.2 pp. 375-386
- Bacillus sphaericus; Culex pipiens; exposure duration; ingestion; larvae; lethal concentration 50; mortality
- ... The role of Culex pipiens larval ingestion rate in the effectiveness of three Bacillus sphaericus strains, namely 2362, B1-634BNI and 6491 was assessed. Two concentrations, namely LC₅₀ and LC₈₀, were tested. Studied parameters included bacterial exposure time and mosquito larval density. Exposure time periods were 0.5, 1, 2, 4, and 24 h. Larval density varied by exposing different numbers of larva ...