Jump to Main Content
- Thalmann, Fabrice, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of physical chemistry 2019 v.123 no.11 pp. 6839-6848
- hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; lipid bilayers; lipid peroxidation; lipids; models; molecular dynamics; nanoparticles; oxidation; permeability
- ... We investigate the consequences of lipid peroxidation on the permeation properties of membranes comprising unsaturated lipid molecules by means of coarse-grained molecular simulations. After discussion on the impact of peroxidation on the properties of lipid bilayers such as stretching modulus, area per lipid, water permeation, and the distributions of various lipid components across the membrane, ...
- Thalmann, Fabrice, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Langmuir 2019 v.35 no.6 pp. 2422-2430
- Anisoptera (Odonata); antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; bacterial colonization; biofilm; cell membranes; confocal laser scanning microscopy; deformation; electron microscopy; humans; isotropy; medical equipment; models; nanomaterials; osmotic pressure; wings; Spain; Victoria (Australia)
- ... The waxy epicuticle of dragonfly wings contains a unique nanostructured pattern that exhibits bactericidal properties. In light of emerging concerns of antibiotic resistance, these mechano-bactericidal surfaces represent a particularly novel solution by which bacterial colonization and the formation of biofilms on biomedical devices can be prevented. Pathogenic bacterial biofilms on medical implan ...