Jump to Main Content
- Thomas, Chris I., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemical communications 2019 v.55 no.8 pp. 1132-1135
- barium; chemical reactions; copper; liquids; magnetism; strontium; tellurium; tungsten
- ... The isostructural double perovskites Ba₂CuTeO₆ and Ba₂CuWO₆ are shown by theory and experiment to be frustrated square-lattice antiferromagnets with opposing dominant magnetic interactions. This is driven by differences in orbital hybridisation of Te⁶⁺ and W⁶⁺. A spin-liquid-like ground state is predicted for Ba₂Cu(Te₁₋ₓWₓ)O₆ solid solution similar to recent observations in Sr₂Cu(Te₁₋ₓWₓ)O₆. ...
- Thomas, Chris I., et al. Show all 20 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2012 v.134 no.8 pp. 3737-3747
- ambient temperature; ferrimagnetic materials; iron oxides; magnetism; oxidation
- ... Combining long-range magnetic order with polarity in the same structure is a prerequisite for the design of (magnetoelectric) multiferroic materials. There are now several demonstrated strategies to achieve this goal, but retaining magnetic order above room temperature remains a difficult target. Iron oxides in the +3 oxidation state have high magnetic ordering temperatures due to the size of the ...