Jump to Main Content
- Thorbjørn, Anne, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of contaminant hydrology 2010 v.115 no.1-4 pp. 26-33
- diffusivity; glacial till; limestone; models; porosity; prediction; sand; soil air; soil compaction; soil voids; vapors
- ... Modeling gas-phase diffusion of volatile contaminants in the unsaturated zone relies on soil-gas diffusivity models often developed for repacked and structureless soil columns. These suffer from the flaw of not reflecting preferential diffusion through voids and fractures in the soil, thus possibly causing an underestimation of vapor migration towards building foundations and vapor intrusion to in ...
- Thorbjorn, Anne, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Vadose zone journal 2008 v.7 no.4 pp. 1276-1286
- vadose zone; saturated conditions; gases; diffusivity; porosity; mathematical models; simulation models
- ... Gas diffusion in soil is governed by the gas diffusion coefficient (D(p)) and its variation with air-filled porosity (epsilon). Accurate or an upper-limit (risk assessment standpoint) prediction of D(p)(epsilon) is essential when carrying out gas transport and fate calculations. We developed a D(p)(epsilon) model for relatively unstructured soil separating the individual resistance of soil air, so ...