Jump to Main Content
- Tjamos, E. C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant disease 2018 v.102 no.4 pp. 820
- Colletotrichum acutatum; DNA; Olea europaea; acidity; anthers; anthracnose; autumn; branches; calyx; conidia; corolla; cultivars; culture media; death; defoliation; discoloration; disease severity; fruit drop; fruits; fungi; genes; groves; humidity; internal transcribed spacers; leaves; microscopy; necrosis; oils; olives; orchards; pathogenicity; pathogens; peroxide value; photoperiod; pistil; plant rots; polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; sodium hypochlorite; spraying; tissues; trees; winter; Greece
- ... Anthracnose is the main disease of olive fruit (Olea europaea L.) that is caused by different species of Colletotrichum spp. primarily belonging to two complexes, C. acutatum sensu lato (s.l.) and C. gloeosporioides s.l. (Cacciola et al. 2012; Damm et al. 2012; Schena et al. 2014). Observations in January 2015 in >20 olive groves in the Aitoloakarnania region (West-Central Greece) showed severe sy ...
- Tjamos, E. C., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2014 no.1044 pp. 29-41
- plantations; watermelons; field crops; Sclerotinia minor; disinfestation; tomatoes; strawberries; residual effects; Thanatephorus cucumeris; polyethylene; pathogens; Fusarium solani; Fusarium oxysporum; Pyrenochaeta lycopersici; soil; lettuce; soil solarization; saprophytes; Meloidogyne; Phytophthora fragariae; long term effects; growing season; fumigants; root rot; Verticillium dahliae; Greece
- ... Large-scale demonstration applications of soil solarization were carried out in Greece (2010-2012) to minimize the use of soil fumigants and reduce application costs by evaluating the effectiveness of specific impermeable plastic sheets used singly or combined with half or full dose against soilborne pathogens. In certain areas the trials were focused on the control of Verticillium dahlia and Fusa ...