Jump to Main Content
- To, Tsz-Leung, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Science 2010 v.327 no.5969 pp. 1142-1145
- binding sites; gene regulatory networks; models; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; yeasts
- ... Transcriptional positive-feedback loops are widely associated with bistability, characterized by two stable expression states that allow cells to respond to analog signals in a digital manner. Using a synthetic system in budding yeast, we show that positive feedback involving a promoter with multiple transcription factor (TF) binding sites can induce a steady-state bimodal response without coopera ...
- To, Tsz-Leung, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2015 v.112 no.11 pp. 3338-3343
- apoptosis; biological development; drugs; engineering; enzyme activity; fluorescent proteins; image analysis; monitoring; proteinase inhibitors; proteinases; screening; signal transduction
- ... Fluorescence resonance energy transfer-based reporters have been widely used in imaging cell signaling; however, their in vivo application has been handicapped because of poor signal. Although fluorogenic reporters overcome this problem, no such reporter of proteases has been demonstrated for in vivo imaging. Now we have redesigned an infrared fluorescent protein so that its chromophore incorporat ...
- PubMed Central: