Jump to Main Content
- Todd, James R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plos One 2017 v.12 no.8
- Agricultural Research Service; NPK fertilizers; Saccharum officinarum; breeding programs; cultivars; fertilizer application; flowering; growing media; inflorescences; nitrogen; photoperiod; plant nutrition; soil fertility; starvation; sugarcane; Louisiana
- ... The USDA-ARS Sugarcane Variety Development Program in Houma, LA aims to maximize the number of panicles available for crossing through artificial manipulation of the environment. In a three-year study, the effect of growing media, fertilizer treatment, and their interaction on sugarcane flowering (% of panicles emerged), and number of days to flowering (DTF) under an artificial photoperiod treatme ...
- PubMed Central:
- Todd, James R., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Plant breeding 2017 v.136 no.5 pp. 637-651
- Puccinia melanocephala; Saccharum; clones; disease resistance; genetic markers; germplasm conservation; hybrids; leaf rust; marker-assisted selection; plant genetic resources; resistance genes; sugarcane
- ... Brown rust, caused by Puccinia melanocephala, is an important disease of sugarcane worldwide. Molecular markers for a major brown rust resistance gene, Bru1, were used to screen a total of 1,282 clones in the World Collection of Sugarcane and Related Grasses (WCSRG) to determine the distribution and frequency of the gene in Saccharum species and related genera. Bru1 was found across all species wi ...
- Todd, James R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Ecology 1979 v.60 no.5 pp. 976-987
- Agave; Apis mellifera; Bombus; Xylocopa; carpenter bees; foraging; habitats; honey bees; models; nectar; social behavior; temporal variation
- ... Competition among three species of bees (Apis mellifera, Bombus sonorus, and Xylocopa arizonensis) visiting Agave schottii was studied. Honeybees were found to predominate in the most productive habitats, Xylocopa in the least; Bombus as most abundant in patches of intermediate quality. It is suggested that these observations are consistent with a simple graphical model relating the standing crop ...