Jump to Main Content
- Todisco, Katieli Martins, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food processing and preservation 2019 v.43 no.10 pp. e14133
- antioxidant activity; bulbs; color; crop production; energy expenditure; equations; garlic; mass transfer; mathematical models; moisture diffusivity; phenolic compounds; potassium chloride; process design; processing time; product quality; relative humidity; sodium chloride; temperature; water content
- ... This work aimed to investigate the effects of temperature and relative humidity on the moisture transfer kinetics and browning during black garlic processing. The final product quality was also evaluated based on the total phenolic compounds (TPC) content and antioxidant activity (AA). Garlic bulbs were stored in a temperature and humidity controlled room in NaCl and KCl saturated solutions at 65, ...
- Todisco, Katieli Martins, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food science and technology 2018 v.55 no.12 pp. 4735-4746
- agroindustrial byproducts; carotenoids; coatings; diffusivity; dried fruit; drying; edible films; guavas; nutritive value; oxidation; pectins; temperature
- ... With the objective of utilizing agro-industrial by-products and enhancing the quality attributes of dehydrated fruits, this study evaluated the effects of edible pectin-based coatings containing disintegrated guava by-products (up to 50% concentration) and drying temperatures (46–74 °C) on the drying kinetics and nutritional properties of dried red guava. Coatings were applied to guava slices prio ...
- PubMed Central: