Jump to Main Content
- Tokishita, Shinichi, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Gene 2015 v.555 pp. 335-345
- Daphnia magna; Drosophila melanogaster; Parhyale; RNA interference; arthropods; central nervous system; embryogenesis; evolution; genes; insects; phenotype; tissues
- ... In insect Drosophila melanogaster, ventral midline cells are crucial to formation of the central nervous system (CNS) and have roles in the specification of ectodermal neuroblasts. Notably, midline cells also have more recently recognized roles in the formation of the higher crustacean Parhyale dorso-ventral axis. The single-minded is a master regulator of ventral midline cells and is required for ...
- Tokishita, Shinichi, et al. Show all 69 Authors
- Science 2011 v.331 no.6017 pp. 555-561
- Daphnia pulex; biochemical pathways; environmental factors; gene duplication; gene expression; loci; multigene family; proteome
- ... We describe the draft genome of the microcrustacean Daphnia pulex, which is only 200 megabases and contains at least 30,907 genes. The high gene count is a consequence of an elevated rate of gene duplication resulting in tandem gene clusters. More than a third of Daphnia's genes have no detectable homologs in any other available proteome, and the most amplified gene families are specific to the Da ...
- PubMed Central: