Jump to Main Content
- Toledo, Felipe A.L., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Global and planetary change 2019 v.179 pp. 33-42
- coasts; global carbon budget; marine sediments; paleoclimatology; periodicity
- ... Expansions of coastal upwelling spots along the Brazilian coast were previously reported for Marine Isotope Stage (MIS) 5, but open questions remain regarding the climatic mechanisms and the periodicity of such changes. Based on two marine sediment cores, we provide evidence for multiple intensifications of the upwelling regime off the Southeast Brazilian margin (SBM) during several interglacials ...
- Toledo, Felipe A.L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2015 v.440 pp. 201-212
- Retaria; basins; factor analysis; isotopes; organic matter; oxygen; primary productivity; sediments; surface water; Atlantic Ocean
- ... Benthic foraminiferal assemblages and δ18O records in a core from Santos Basin (western South Atlantic, 2220m water depth) were analyzed to investigate productivity changes during the Pleistocene. The sediment core recorded the last 770kyr, including Marine Isotope Stages (MIS) 19 to 1. The four dominant benthic foraminiferal assemblages were identified using Q-mode Varimax Factor Analysis, and ar ...