Jump to Main Content
- Tom, Janine K., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Trends in biotechnology 2019 v.37 no.4 pp. 373-388
- immune response; immune system; immunostimulants; innate immunity; pathogens; technology; vaccine adjuvants; vaccine development; vaccines
- ... Pathogens comprise a diverse set of immunostimulatory molecules that activate the innate immune system during infection. The immune system recognizes distinct combinations of pathogenic molecules leading to multiple immune activation events that cooperate to produce enhanced immune responses, known as ‘immune synergies’. Effective immune synergies are essential for the clearance of pathogens, thus ...
- Tom, Janine K., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of organic chemistry 2018 v.84 no.2 pp. 1035-1041
- Helianthus annuus; chemical structure; cysteine; hydrolysis; macrocyclization reactions; organic chemistry; peptides; trypsin inhibitors; urea
- ... We establish herein conditions for the cyclization of unprotected N-acyl urea-linked peptides to form macrocyclic peptides mediated by N-terminal cysteine. We report a detailed investigation of the parameters of the reaction, including variation of the reaction conditions, the C-terminal residue, and the macrocycle size. C-Terminal epimerization was not observed. The synthesis of macrocyclic targe ...
- Tom, Janine K., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2014 v.136 no.31 pp. 10823-10825
- Toll-like receptors; agonists; crystal structure; cytokines; dendritic cells; innate immunity; macrophages; models; synergism; transcription factor NF-kappa B; vaccines
- ... The innate immune response is controlled, in part, by the synergistic interaction of multiple Toll-like receptors (TLRs). This multi-receptor cooperation is responsible for the potent activity of many vaccines, but few tools have been developed to understand the spatio-temporal elements of TLR synergies. In this Communication, we present photo-controlled agonists of TLR7/8. By strategically protec ...
- PubMed Central: