Jump to Main Content
- Tomšik, Alena, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food research international 2018
- Allium ursinum; Allium vineale; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; active ingredients; acylglycerols; allicin; antibacterial properties; bioavailability; chemical interactions; differential scanning calorimetry; encapsulation; microparticles; particle size; pharmacokinetics; solubility
- ... The objective of this study was to incorporate wild garlic (A. ursinum) extract into microparticles (MPs) in order to protect its valuable active compounds and improve its oral bioavailability. For this purpose, spray congealing technology was applied and Gelucire 50/13 (Stearoyl polyoxyl-32 glycerides) was selected as MPs carrier. MPs were characterized in terms of yield, encapsulation efficiency ...
- Tomšik, Alena, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of food processing and preservation 2017 v.41 no.5
- baking; collenchyma; color; cultivars; eating habits; endocarp; genetic variation; landraces; mesocarp; mineral content; pepper; sensory evaluation; sowing; spring; texture; total soluble solids; Serbia
- ... Old traditional Serbian pepper landraces (Nizača, Lokošnička and Turšijara), grown in South Serbia and produced by seed sowing or transplanting, were evaluated in this study. Besides the basic morphological properties and composition, the features characterizing fruit color and pericarp anatomy were determined in order to analyze and systematize the traits relevant from the aspect of traditional e ...