Jump to Main Content
- Tomatis, Marco, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Green chemistry 2020 v.22 no.6 pp. 1952-1967
- argon (noble gases); atomization; ecosystems; electricity; electrochemistry; environmental assessment; environmental impact; environmental policy; gate-to-gate; green chemistry; human health; manufacturing; melting; nickel; three-dimensional printing; titanium; titanium dioxide
- ... The enforcement of environmental policies, in recent years, has become one of the major driving forces for industrial upgrading. Therefore, this study is focused on the evaluation of the environmental impact of a newly proposed titanium additive manufacturing process, including its in-depth comparison with the conventional method. This new method, referred to as near-net-shape electrochemical meta ...
- Tomatis, Marco, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.233 pp. 808-818
- carbon dioxide; combustion; computer software; cost analysis; cost effectiveness; decision support systems; electricity; energy efficiency; energy recovery; energy use and consumption; environmental impact; gas emissions; gases; incinerators; life cycle assessment; natural gas; oxidants; volatile organic compounds; wastes; China
- ... Due to the long lifespan of thermal oxidizers (over 20 years), outdated facilities might still be operational. However, these oxidizers may not be energy efficient due to the lack of an energy recovery system. Thus, those outdated facilities need to be either retrofitted or replaced to decrease both energy and fuel consumption. In this regard, it is important to systematically assess the costs and ...