Jump to Main Content
- Tonon, Gustavo, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.691 pp. 1043-1050
- Araceae; Archaea; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide fixation; chemical oxygen demand; gases; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; methane; methane production; monitoring; municipal wastewater; nitrogen content; ponds; wastewater treatment
- ... The reduction of greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions is important challenge in the wastewater treatment plants. In this way, the present study aimed to evaluate the GHG emissions and carbon dioxide fixation by duckweed ponds (DWP) applied to treat municipal wastewater in a polishing stage. Two pilot DWP (3000 L) were operated in a series with real wastewater receiving a flow rate of 200 L d−1 and org ...
- Tonon, Gustavo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Waste and biomass valorization 2017 v.8 no.7 pp. 2363-2369
- Araceae; ammonium nitrogen; anaerobic digestion; biogas; biomass; chemical oxygen demand; clean energy; drying; methane; methane production; monitoring; nutrients; organic matter; pH; phosphates; phosphorus; ponds; sewage; temperature; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water quality
- ... Considering the capacity of duckweed to treat wastewater and to produce valuable biomass, the present study aimed to highlight the potential of duckweed biomass harvested from wastewater treatment plant for biogas (methane) production. In this way a pilot system, comprising an anaerobic pretreatment and two duckweed ponds designed in series (10 m² each), was operated with real domestic sewage. The ...