Jump to Main Content
- Toomey, Michael R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2016 v.451 pp. 73-83
- atolls; glaciation; islands; mathematical models; sea level; sediment transport; stratigraphy; subsidence
- ... Sea-level records from atolls, potentially spanning the Cenozoic, have been largely overlooked, in part because the processes that control atoll form (reef accretion, carbonate dissolution, sediment transport, vertical motion) are complex and, for many islands, unconstrained on million-year timescales. Here we combine existing observations of atoll morphology and corelog stratigraphy from Enewetak ...
- Toomey, Michael R., et al. Show all 22 Authors
- Global and planetary change 2018 v.162 pp. 175-198
- drought; drying; environmental indicators; lakes; models; paleoclimatology; runoff; salinity; stream flow; temperature; time series analysis; vegetation; Atlantic Ocean; Canada; Midwestern United States; Western United States
- ... This study presents a synthesis of century-scale hydroclimate variations in North America for the Common Era (last 2000years) using new age models of previously published multiple proxy-based paleoclimate data. This North American Hydroclimate Synthesis (NAHS) examines regional hydroclimate patterns and related environmental indicators, including vegetation, lake water elevation, stream flow and r ...