Jump to Main Content
- Torres, Adelia, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.34 pp. 33957-33966
- Achyrocline; Calamagrostis; Juncus bufonius; Medicago lupulina; Pennisetum clandestinum; acid soils; bioaccumulation; cadmium; copper; environmental health; environmental quality; freshwater; greenhouse production; heavy metals; humans; hyperaccumulators; indigenous species; lead; mine tailings; mining; nickel; phytoremediation; risk; roots; shoots; soil sampling; zinc; Andes region; Peru
- ... Metal contamination is a recurring problem in Peru, caused mainly by mine tailings from a past active mining activity. The Ancash region has the largest number of environmental liabilities, which mobilizes high levels of metals and acid drainages into soils and freshwater sources, posing a standing risk on human and environmental health. Native plant species spontaneously growing on naturally acid ...
- Torres, Adélia Luciana Barros, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental chemistry letters 2007 v.5 no.4 pp. 219-224
- adsorption; estrogens; ethanol; hydroxyl radicals; oxidation
- ... The potential of the photocatalytic oxidation to selectively oxidise steroid estrogens, β-estradiol and 17α-ethynylestradiol, in the presence of saccharose and ethanol as co-pollutants was clearly demonstrated. The alkaline media conditions remained the most beneficial for the PCO regardless the presence of co-pollutants under consideration. Saccharose appeared to be the more powerful competitor t ...