Jump to Main Content
- Toyran, Kubilay, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Zoology in the Middle East 2017 v.63 no.3 pp. 181-188
- Rodentia; X chromosome; Y chromosome; autosomes; complement; diploidy; hybridization; karyotyping; mole rats; races; Turkey (country)
- ... A new karyotype for blind mole rats was recorded in Tunceli province in Eastern Turkey. The karyotype contained 44 chromosomes, including 13 biarmed pairs, 7 acrocentric pairs, and one heteromorphic pair with a submetacentric and an acrocentric homologue in the autosomal complement (FNa=69). The X chromosome was submetacentric and the Y chromosome medium-sized subtelocentric (FN=73). Distinct dark ...
- Toyran, Kubilay, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Mammalia 2012 v.76 no.4 pp. 435-439
- Rodentia; X chromosome; Y chromosome; autosomes; chromosome banding; diploidy; heterochromatin; hybridization; karyotyping; Turkey (country)
- ... A chromosomal study of Allactaga euphratica from the Şanlıurfa Province in Southeast Anatolia, Turkey, was performed. The diploid number of 48 chromosomes was found in all four specimens examined. The C-band-positive regions were distributed in centromeric areas of all the autosomal pairs and the X chromosome. Extensive C-positive heterochromatin intercalary blocks were observed in the largest pai ...