Jump to Main Content
- Tran Do, Duc Huy, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.93 pp. 197-203
- Parmesan cheese; amino acids; gastric juice; hydrolysis; in vitro digestion; leaching; models; mozzarella cheese; pH; proteins; soaking; stomach; texture
- ... The structure of food plays an important role in determining rate of digestion by influencing the disintegration rate and affecting the release of bioaccessible components. In the stomach, breakdown of food structure occurs through mechanical peristaltic forces and hydrolysis of macronutrients. The objective of this study was to investigate the gastric digestion of Cheddar, Mozzarella, and Parmesa ...
- Tran Do, Duc Huy, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2016 v.65 pp. 580-588
- amino nitrogen; digestion; drugs; dynamic models; enzyme activity; food matrix; fungi; gastric emptying; in vitro digestion; oils; pH; pepsin; proteolysis; secretion; simulation models; starch; stomach; swine; tuna; tyrosine
- ... In vitro static digestion models, with constant pH and volume, are commonly used to evaluate supplementary enzyme activity. The research objective was to apply a dynamic stomach model, Dynamic Gastric Simulating Model (DGSM), to evaluate the efficacy of supplementary enzymes in assisting food digestion. DGSM incorporates compressive forces to disintegrate food, mimics continuous gastric emptying, ...