Jump to Main Content
- Travers, S.E., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Molecular ecology 2010 v.19 no.1 pp. 79-91
- Macrophomina phaseolina; Solidago canadensis; climate change; corn; crops; ecosystems; fungi; heat; hosts; hybrids; inoculum; internal transcribed spacers; pathogens; phenotype; soybeans; water stress; wild plants; Kansas
- ... Agricultural and wild ecosystems may interact through shared pathogens such as Macrophomina phaseolina, a generalist clonal fungus with more than 284 plant hosts that is likely to become more important under climate change scenarios of increased heat and drought stress. To evaluate the degree of subdivision in populations of M. phaseolina in Kansas agriculture and wildlands, we compared 143 isolat ...
- Travers, S.E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European journal of plant pathology 2006 v.115 no.1 pp. 35-51
- landscape ecology; plant diseases and disorders; simulation models; induced resistance; phenotype; genetic resistance; genome; host plants; microarray technology; plant pathogens; coevolution; gene expression; genotype; nucleotide sequences; genomics; disease resistance; population genetics; virulence
- ... The huge amount of genomic data now becoming available offers both opportunities and challenges for epidemiologists. In this “preview” of likely developments as the field of ecological genomics evolves and merges with epidemiology, we discuss how epidemiology can use new information about genetic sequences and gene expression to form predictions about epidemic features and outcomes and for underst ...